Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Photographers Be Nice.....To Each Other!

Photographers Let's be nice to each other~

Just a few weeks ago I saw a post from a young photographer just learning her way around a camera and how a professional photographer had basically put her down and criticized her. 
Now, this young photographer fired back! Stating how she was not a pro...just a beginner and didnt need a pro telling her she was not good....it was her customers who she looked to for approval.

I commented on her post, giving her encouragement, agreeing with her.

As I drove home that afternoon I began to think more about it.

All professional photographers had to start somewhere! Did we not? We all started out as beginners. I'm sure we all as beginners had other professionals looking at our work and judging it. Shoot, even pros judge other pros and put each other down! Why?

My thoughts on that - other photographers do not pay my bills or your bills nor do they define us. We each have our own style and way of doing things.

It is our customers that we should seek approval and satisfaction from. They are the ones who spend their hard earned money on our photography.....Why? Because THEY like what it is we do!

Becoming a better photographer requires times, practice and learning new things.....The things your customers  want....the type of photography they want and will buy. Not what another photographers say is right or wrong.

This is exactly why I do not belong to  professional photography groups, clubs, or otherwise. Oh, I have in the past. But each time, I find the same thing....a room full of arrogant photographers (now there is always a few who are not) seeking to come across as they are more skilled than the next.

No matter what it is we do or the type of job or service one preforms there is always room for improvement, so help one another and stop putting each other down because you may not like their style of photography.

Life's about helping one another! Pass it on! And, remember we all started out as beginners!


6 comments:

  1. You're amazing. This is the first post of this kind that I've seen and I'm so glad. I love getting suggestions and constructive criticism from talented photographers I admire. But I made the mistake of joining some groups, that claim to be about bettering ourselves. I have yet to see any positive feedback or encouragement in these groups. All I've seen is photog after photog tearing each other's work apart, often focusing on details. It seems ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Architecture Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Austin Drone Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Kauai family photographers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... Wedding Vendors

    ReplyDelete