Thursday, June 21, 2012

The question that opened my photography studio



 What would you do if you knew that you could not fail? Someone asked me this once and I thought that it was a completely bogus question. If you knew you could not fail, you would do whatever it is that you wanted to do. I think the more appropriate question is, what would you do if you were never afraid to fail? The answer is just as simple as from the other question, but it is much more realistic. The answer to this question is, you would take a chance even if you would fail more times than you would succeed.

This is the question that drove me to opening my photography studio in Downtown Farmville. All I heard for months prior to opening was, it is to dangerous to start a business these days. The economy is bad. No one has money to spend. The risk outweighs the reward. Don't do it!!! But what would I do if I was never afraid? That is the only question I could think about. So I took that chance, left a full time job of 17 years and now I get to live my dream of taking professional photographs every day. Wedding photos, Senior Portraits, Families, babies, and I am shooting it, and I could not be happier.

Crystal Image Photography started off very small but has grown over the years. From photographing weddings right down the street to across the country.  
Granted it is not easy to start up a photography studio, much less any other type of small business. Hours and hours of hard work are put into making a dream a reality. No shortcuts, no early days! In order to succeed in this market, you have to go further then anyone else is willing to go. Photography is my dream; it is what this company is based on. That, and sharing the talent God blessed me with. Going after what other people would not because they are too afraid to try.

Don’t be afraid to try whatever it is you dream of. You never know just how far you can go until you TRY!



www.crystalimagephoto.comwww.crystalimagephoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment