Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding Photography ~ Why Choose A Professional? It's the Personality, Customer Service, & Experience




It’s All In The Personality!

It's a wedding, not a photo shoot. Personality is important. You will spend more time with the photographer than anyone else during your wedding day. If you don't think he or she is relaxed, funny, or will get along with your guests, etc., keep looking. It's nothing personal; it's just all about you. When looking at a photographer's website, I go straight to the gallery. NOT THE PRICES. Look at the photos. If you like the style, the colors, the B&Ws, the feel of the photo, then go check out the rest of the site.
Always meet with the photographer and meet with more than one photographer. This way you can compare not only their styles but most importantly their personality. (The last thing you need on your wedding day is a bossy/rude photographer!


Remember, you’re being “interviewed” too. You are not only deciding if you can work with the photographer but the more often than not the photographer is also deciding if they can work with you!
It may sound mean but, I do not accept every wedding that comes in the door. I don’t do bridezillas!

It’s Not Just the Equipment!
The camera doesn't make the photo. The photographer does. Every year I see guests showing up with amazing cameras, (I love the ones who stand right next to me and say “you have the same camera I do”) Some guests are great photographers. But you're not hiring me for my camera. Because truth be known, I can pull off an award winning image with a $600 camera just as good as I can a $6,000. 

You're hiring me for how I see a wedding. For how I feel it. For how I edit it. For my experience in knowing the pace of what will happen next, for my patience when things don’t go off on time or as planned for you and the wedding party, and the ability to adjust without flinching when something unexpected turns into something amazing.

It’s About Customer Service!
Customer service is a huge thing for me and how I run Crystal Image Photography.
My simple philosophy: Treat your customers they way you would want to be treated if you were doing business with that company.  (Now, that doesn’t mean I agree with the “customer is always right” statement.) 
I have seen it time and time again and even experienced it first hand from several local businesses their rudeness toward customers.  It is my customers who have helped make Crystal Image Photography what it is today and that I never forget!

You Get What You Pay For!
Remember, you are not just purchasing a service from a wedding photographer you are also in most cases purchasing a product.

Be sure to ask your photographer how long it takes to get your images, albums, etc. Here at Crystal Image Photography our turnaround time from the time we photograph your wedding until you see your images is 1 to 2 weeks MAX!

It was just recently that I heard a horror story of a bride not even seeing her images until 5 months after the wedding. That’s just crazy. I’m here to tell you that it does not take months and months to edit and print images.

When I heard this story I felt so sad for the bride.  She chose not to have us photograph her wedding. Why? Because of the cost, we were “too expensive”.
Expense was a issue for another couple we talked with last year. They chose to have a friend photograph their wedding for free.  Three months after the wedding they finally see their images and the bride frantically puts out a request to anyone who was at the wedding to post any wedding images because their “professional” pictures were so bad.  

When dealing with your wedding images, remember you get what you pay for or in these cases want you don’t pay for!

When deciding on a wedding photographer and a photography budget, remember, a rude photographer will only make you and your wedding party uncomfortable and a cheap photographer will produce not so great images and/or poor customer service.

When your wedding day is over, the cake and food is gone, the flowers are dead, the guests are gone and all you have left are memoires and your photographs.  

1 comment:

  1. You were definately one of the best choices we made! My mom says the photographs were worth every penny (since my parents paid the tab), and I completely agree. We look forward to using you again in the near future!

    ReplyDelete